Football is the most loved game over the world, and hence most people aspire to be football players in future. However, some have not made it because of lack of some few basics that are core in the football game as football is not more of skills but the basic knowledge. The following are the basics that a football beginner should know to become an outstanding player in future.
1. Be physically fit. Football is a game that involves a lot of movement, and therefore you should have speed, balance and strength to be a good player. The structure of your body dictates the position you can play as for a good center back defender you need to be tall and strong, the strikers and wingers have to be quick, and the goalkeeper must have good reflexes.
2. Know how to pass the ball perfectly. Passing ball is the starting point of a good player, as proper passing may make you score and also improper passing may cost you a score to an opponent. Therefore no matter the position you play you should ensure that you are excellent in passing and more so train to pass the ball with either of your foot.
3. Gearing it up. Football is a game that requires very minimal investments as a single ball is shared by twenty-two players in a single field. Therefore, all that a football beginner needs is a pair of shoes, pair of football socks, a short and a jersey.
4. Learn to play in a team and learn team tactics. Any beginner who aspires to be a legend in future should not only learn to play football but should learn to play in a team. This means a player should be in the right position when off the ball, although this is learned better through a coach.
5. Always be positive. No learner in whichever field can learn with committing mistakes, however, in football you should learn from your mistakes.
A general tip to be a good footballer is to love the game and play to your peak, noting your mistakes and working to improve day by day.